At the Bancroft House, our mission extends beyond providing a safe haven for women and families in need. We believe in empowering our residents to regain their independence and thrive. To achieve this, we’re not alone. Northern Grafton County, New Hampshire, and the Littleton area offer a network of valuable local and state support services. In this blog post, we’ll introduce you to these resources and provide a comprehensive list to help women and children access the support they need.
Local Support Services:
- Bancroft House: Our shelter offers a safe and welcoming space for women and families facing homelessness. We provide emergency shelter, case management, mental health support, and life skills workshops to empower women on their journey to independence.
- The Bridge House: Located in Plymouth, NH, The Bridge House offers transitional housing and support services for individuals and families seeking stable housing.
- New Beginnings Shelter: Situated in Berlin, NH, the New Beginnings Shelter provides a safe environment for homeless women and children, offering support, education, and resources to help them rebuild their lives.
- Crisis Services of Central New Hampshire: Based in Concord, NH, this organization provides 24/7 crisis intervention services, including a hotline for those in need of immediate support.
Statewide Support Services:
- New Hampshire Coalition to End Homelessness: This organization is committed to ending homelessness through advocacy, education, and support. They offer valuable resources, including a directory of shelters and services across the state.
- NH Housing Finance Authority: The NH Housing Finance Authority provides assistance programs, such as the Emergency Rental Assistance Program, designed to help renters who are facing housing insecurity.
- NH Department of Health and Human Services: This state agency offers an array of services, including child protection, Medicaid, food assistance, and emergency services, to support families and individuals in need.
- NH Employment Security: For women seeking employment, NH Employment Security provides job search assistance, unemployment benefits, and workforce training opportunities.
Local Resources in Northern Grafton County and Littleton, NH:
- Grafton County Community Resource Directory: This directory compiles resources ranging from healthcare and housing to legal assistance and food programs available in Grafton County, NH.
- Littleton Area Senior Center: While primarily serving seniors, they offer social and support services that may benefit families and individuals in the area.
- North Country Health Consortium: This organization offers resources for healthcare, behavioral health, and community support in the North Country region, including Grafton County.
- Littleton Food Co-op: Access to fresh and affordable groceries is essential. The Littleton Food Co-op is committed to providing nutritious food to the local community.
- Northern Human Services: NHS offers a range of behavioral health and supportive services to individuals and families in need.
In Northern Grafton County and Littleton, New Hampshire, a wealth of local and state support services and resources are available to help women and children facing housing insecurity and other challenges. At [Women’s Shelter Name], we encourage our residents to take advantage of these valuable services to regain their independence and build a brighter future.
Remember, you are not alone. If you or someone you know is in need of support, reach out to these organizations, and don’t hesitate to contact us at [Women’s Shelter Name] for assistance and guidance. Together, we can create a community where everyone has the opportunity to thrive and overcome life’s challenges.